RunSignUp Integration Update to Participant Data Syncing in Race Director 2017
We have introduced a new concept in the latest build of The Race Director 2017 which is designed to reduce the amount of participant data sync issues when using the RunSignUp integration. When opening Tailor > Options > Partner Setup you'll now see a new setting that replaces "Live Mode" called "Participant Adds/Changes". The purpose of this setting is to designate the state of the lifecycle of your participant data interchange.
The concept is that your Race can only be in one of two states at a time - either all updates to participant information are being made at RunSignUp, and you are pulling those adds/changes into Race Director, or all updates to participant information are being made in Race Director and you are pushing those adds/changes up to RunSignUp. Generally, this state change will only happen once or twice within a Race. If you ever find yourself switching pull and push states from pull to push or push to pull frequently within the lifecycle of a Race, chances are you need to make some decisions on your data workflow to reduce the number of times that you would need to do so.
Pull From RSU
- RunSignUp is the "Owner" of the data.
- Any updates or changes should be made at RunSignUp, then pulled into Race Director through the standard import process.
- You will get a warning prompt whenever you attempt a participant data add or change in RD.
- The "Upload" button in the task bar is disabled.
- This state would generally run from the day registration opens up until the moment you begin making adds or changes within Race Director.
Push to RunSignUp
- This state would generally run from the moment you begin making adds or changes within Race Director until you are finished making updates to the Race file for this year.
- The Race Director is the "Owner" of the data
- When you establish a RD Go race (using RSU for results, but registrations come from elsewhere), the race is automatically put in "Push" mode. The race should stay in this mode unless you use tools at RSU such as race day check-in kiosks.
- You will not be allowed to do a direct import of participant data from RSU. When you do a participant data import from any other source, you will be reminded to do a RSU upload.
- When you are not connected to the Internet, you will be reminded that you'll need to do an "Upload" once your internet connection is restored.
For more information or your suggestions please see our Google Group thread on the topic.